Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trog will be back at some point

Today or tomorrow, I'm not sure.  He told me but I wasn't paying attention.

Steve and I have had enough time to clean out the fridge, throw a couple noisy parties and make a bunch of long-distance phone calls while we watched the place.  [Is the "long-distance phone call" completely outdated at this point?  Will the kids get that reference?  Why, when I was your age we didn't have this newfangled "internet" to entertain us, we had to watch something called television!  Remote control?  Hah!  We had to walk all the way across the living room if we wanted to change the channel!  Uphill both ways!!  And we were grateful!!  And MTV did too used to play music videos!!!  Now go get me some tapioca, boy!!]

I don't really look at the traffic stats.  Were they good?  No Instalanche like last year (so far) but really, we don't want to spoil the guy, do we?  He'll expect one every time.

Still, we've learned that Don Surber keeps an eye on this blog.  And where would Surber get his Racine Journal Times news if not here?

And then there's the case of this curious individual.  In putting together a long list of links to conservative/Republican blogs (apparently in response to some guy named "John Hawkins", what an odd name), he went and linked up a pair of decidedly non-political posts (this one and this one) both written by the non-Republican member of your guestblogging team.  Guess which one of us that is.

Truth is, I just about only visit Surber when Instapundit tells me to (there's only so many blog-reading hours in the day, after all), and I never even heard of the other guy.  But I kinda like his style.  Go check it out.  And appreciate the linkage, fellas!  Almost as good as an Instalanche, I'm sure!

UPDATE: Mr. Surber enjoys good puns.  And bad ones, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment