Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In Single Girl’s News Today:

Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed. Now that's a match made in heaven.

Gene Simmons proposes to Shannon Tweed on finale of reality show


But wait:

Gene Simmons has finally proposed to longtime girlfriend Shannon Tweed, although it is unclear if she agreed to marry him.


But:

Simmons and Tweed, a 54-year-old former Playboy Playmate and actress, have been together for at least 28 years and have two children - Nick, 22, and Sophie, 18.


Okay, so they haven’t exactly been single lately, either, but:

People reported on Tuesday that Tweed told the magazine in a recent interview that she had moved out of the family's home and that there was a "slim chance" of her reconciling with Simmons.

Tweed said on the season premiere of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," which aired in June, that she was tired of Simmons' "wandering eye."


Yeah, but:

Also during the finale, Simmons is seen talking to his and Tweed's daughter, Sophie, about his upcoming proposal.

"I've known your mom a while," he says. "We've dated for 28 years. I'm an idiot. I thought maybe it's time she made an honest man out of me. I'm going to ask your mom to marry me. Is that okay with you? Can I marry your mom?"

His daughter replies: "I'm so proud of you."


So. Um. They’ve been “together” 28 years and have two kids, but she’s moved out recently, but the daughter is all in on them getting married, and Simmons popped the question on TV (the absolute most bestest way to propose), but the TV show chose to use her answer as a cliffhanger for next season.

Which means, all you single guys and girls out there, this might mean something. Or it might not.

Huh. It's just like the debt ceiling debate.

1 comment:

  1. Strangely enough, I watched a Shannon Tweed film recently.

    Well, last October, but when you get old like me, nine months ago is recent.

    ReplyDelete