Saturday, July 16, 2011

I awoke early this morning to the most tempting cacophony of smells…

...bacon, garlic eggs, jelly donuts, strong dark coffee. They lifted me from my bed and lured me happily along in the wake of their aroma. Rarely has a fast been broken with such deeply-digested delight and satisfaction.

Of course, once I lifted my head from that engaging and tantalizing repast, I discovered it had been nothing but bait. I was in the family van, and it was moving. By the snickering drifting up from the back seats and the piles of gear blocking the rear window, I knew:

I’d been suckered into another camping trip.

So, if I survive all the fresh air and “quality time,” I’ll see you all next week. In the meantime, please welcome my guest bloggers, Mister Pterodactyl and Grandpa Steve. I’ve very considerately overseen a July Blahs traffic slump of up to 30% on a daily basis the last couple of weeks, just to make it easy for them to show me up while I’m gone.

Of course, last time they guest blogged, Mister Pt. went and landed an Instalanche. So expectations are high.

No comments:

Post a Comment