Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Is Baldwin's decision a chance for Wisconsin to go even more Republican? Don't get cocky, but...

Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) is among the most liberal members of Congress. A 7-term incumbent, representing a district dominated by uber-liberal Madison, there is very little chance that Republicans will ever knock her off.

Thus, this is good news:

Baldwin: 'I think I am likely to run' for Senate

U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) tells the Capital Times that, "I think I am likely to run" for the U.S. Senate seat held by U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), who is retiring next year.

Baldwin says the prospect of a Senate bid "is something I take very seriously."


Baldwin is untouchable in Madison, but statewide?

In a Democratic primary? Pretty tough to beat. In a statewide general? Not so much. Not to mention: if Baldwin gets in, I'd guess Feingold isn't. That would be good news for Republicans, too.

On the other hand: don't get cocky.

More, from the comments under that story:

Oh, I think I remember her. She's Alec's sister, right?


Actually, she is Alec's TWIN sister. But he is the normal one.


Ha.

I should take this opportunity for an announcement: I’m forming an exploratory committee to explore the possibility to form an exploratory committee to consider entering the race for the 2nd Congressional District.

Or maybe I should kick that around for a while. Y'know, pool some opinions.

Cross-posted at Right Wing News, because John Hawkins is taking a little time off.

Previously:

1 comment:

  1. [...] End To Political Rhetoric Yid With Lid: Why Gallup’s Analysis Of Jewish Voters Is Dishonest Troglopundit: Baldwin’s Decision A Chance For Wisconsin To Go Even More Republican? WSJ: Inside The Disappointing Comeback Jim Geraghty: Running Mate Joe Biden, As Truthful As Ever [...]

    ReplyDelete