Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yes, technically, that would be illegal in the NFL, but Sportscenter would still run the clip every half hour for a week.

Shutdown Corner:

This isn’t legal in the NFL, but it would be nice if it was

I said I wouldn't celebrate when the lockout was over. I fibbed. Here's a small celebration in the form of a brilliant football catch. It's of the Australian Rules variety, but squint and pretend it's the NFL if you have to and watch Andrew Walker's incredible grab for the Carlton Football Club.


Watch for yourself:

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTcZV7uTFU&w=560&h=349]

In the NFL, that’d be offensive pass interference. But seeing as how the refs almost never call offensive pass interference, I fail to see why receiver coaches shouldn’t start teaching that technique immediately.

Hear me, Coach Bennett?

1 comment:

  1. Not only are you stuck with thousand more rules regulating "touching", you also wear body armour. Sad.

    ReplyDelete