Monday, July 25, 2011

Jaw-dropping Headline of the Day

Now this is an awesome headline. Also depressing, but awesomely so.

The headline:

Washington Wants to Avoid Default, but It Can't Without a Plan


Fer cry-eye. Our Mighty Federal Government, the Power Upon Which All Liberal Dreams Rely, the Bureaucracy Chock Full of Pointy-Headed Post-Graduate Degrees, needs a plan to avoid default.

Here, lemme warm up my mostly-useless Bachelor of Arts degree for you: the time to “plan” to “avoid default” is well before default is even an option. It’s called living within your means. Millions upon millions of people - dare I say even billions of people - do it all the time without even the help of a trained accountant.

Maybe we should elect some of those people instead of the ones we have now.

Yes, I know, I said I was sick of the debt ceiling story. Well, I am. This was just too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment